Favorite Saved
June 1994
Volume 28, Issue 6

TECHNIQUE CLINIC

Bell-Shape Bonded Lingual Splint

JACK C. CASE, JR., DDS, MS

Bonded lingual wire splints are quite useful in retaining closure of maxillary midline diastemas, but these splints often fail because of excessive occlusal forces. Bending an .0195" twisted wire into...

THE EDITOR'S CORNER

THE EDITOR'S CORNER

EUGENE L. GOTTLIEB, DDS

The Trouble with ''Having It All''Social changes in recent years have resulted in changes in attitudes about the conditions of employment. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the transformation resul...

327

Employment in Orthodontic Offices: A JCO Opinion Survey

EUGENE L. GOTTLIEB, DDS

With the recent elevation of the rhetoric of politicians about "family values" and the increase in space devoted to the subject in the print and video media, it is apparent that there is concern in th...

338

Frictional Forces with the Friction-Free Edgewise Bracket

KAZUTO KUROE, DDS, PHD, TAKAKO TAJIRI, DDS, TSUGUHIRO NAKAYAMA, DDS, CHIHARU NAGAKUBO, DDS, SATOSHI KUBOTA, DDS, TETSUAKI MATSUDA, DDS, PHD, GAKUJI ITO, DDS, PHD

Sliding mechanics are commonly used in contemporary edgewise systems, especially with preadjusted brackets. The frictional force between bracket and archwire is an important consideration in moving te...

347

Comparison of In-Office vs. Commercial Laboratories

SCOTT A. HUGE

This article will examine the benefits and disadvantages of an in-office laboratory vs. a commercial laboratory, according to three criteria: economics, quality, and service. Before such an analysis c...

352

Scanatron Enhancement of Radiographic Contrast

N.S. DEMEULEMEESTER, DDS, A.A. DE SMIT, DDS, PHD

Radiographs have a wide range of contrast, from hard features such as bone or orthodontic brackets (appearing white) to soft tissues of varying densities (some almost black). The tonal range between t...

355

THE READERS' CORNER

PETER M. SINCLAIR, DDS, MSD

1. How often do you attempt to distalize maxillary molars? More than half of the respondents (57%) reported attempting molar distalization "frequently" in their practices. The remaining 43% said they ...

361

Enamel Microabrasion for Removal of Smooth Surface Decalcification Lesions

THEODORE P. CROLL, DDS, GEORGE A. BULLOCK, DMD

Despite the best efforts of orthodontists and heir referring dentists to educate patients in proper oral hygiene, some patients still develop dental caries or "white spot" decalcification of the ename...

365

My Account

This is currently not available. Please check back later.

Please contact heather@jco-online.com for any changes to your account.