JCO Journal of Clinical Orthodontics
Archive Subscribe Marketplace Forum Continuing Education Product News Classifieds Contact Us Login
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Orthodontic programs Options · View
ucme4dk
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 3:32:00 PM
Groups: Guest (Please Log In)

Look into the ortho program at University of Rochester, Eastman Dental Center.
Ron Redmond DDS
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 10:51:00 PM

Hi Isaac,
Many of the ortho programs have PhD paths, but as far as ranking them, or to help you determine which my fit for you, please explain how you would like them ranked. I have several friends who are chairmen of ortho departments and I'm sure that, with the protection of anonymity, they would be happy to give me their candid opinion, which I could pass along to you.
Ron Redmond
G Cantu
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 7:11:00 PM

Baylor/Texas A&M in Dallas has a great PhD program, and Peter Buschang is the person to talk to.
Wise Ortho
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 1:39:00 AM

Hi. I am a first year orthodontic resident in a three-year program in the U.S. I just wanted to add that the funding for the majority of programs has been appalling. I'm at a hospital-based program and still we, as residents, have to pay a quite a large sum of tuition each year! It's not as bad as some of the East Coast tuition, but I thought hospital-based programs were spared from the recent GME funding cut! Anyway, I feel better about venting! Thanks for reading...
charlie ruff
Posted: Sunday, April 9, 2006 10:18:00 AM

I'm really having a hard time generating any sympathy for your plight. Most of us studied in programs that were funded by our own or our parents' resources. GME is a recent supplement and one, in my opinion, that was wrongly used for dental graduate programs. I say this as a clinical faculty member of an East Coast program. When you consider your earning potential and the growing limitation of resources in the U.S. (I think entitlement programs make up 85% of the national budget), you sound like a spoiled brat, which I am sure you are not. Suck it up! If on the other hand, you agree to see 50% Medicaid patients for the first 10 years of practice as a way to repay the GME funding for your education, I will be happy to write my senator and congressman.
jcoadmin
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2006 2:08:35 PM
Groups: Administration

I am looking for a PhD/Ortho program in the U.S. Do you know where I can get a ranking of them?
Thank you!
Isaac.

ifmeta@hotpop.com