JCO Journal of Clinical Orthodontics
Archive Subscribe Marketplace Forum Continuing Education Product News Classifieds Contact Us Login
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Patient education systems Options · View
thelowfamily@shaw.ca
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:54:37 AM

Groups: Member

I am looking at purchasing a patient education system for my office. Has anybody had experience with Dolphin's Aquarium or Solutions by Design's Screen Play?
ronredmond@orthodontist.com
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:44:29 AM

Groups: Administration

Dear Dr. Low,
I have used different patient education techniques over the past 35 years, but the new systems are a "cut above". I have reviewed Dolphin's Aquarium, Solutions by Design's Screen Play, and ICE Dental Systems. The graphics and range of subject matter is terrific in all three, but only ICE is available online, so the education can take place in the office or at home. Screen Play and Aquarium are CD-based, which limits their application distribution. Aquarium is updated over the Internet. I currently use ICE Dental Systems for patient education, informed consent, and patient history collection. The benefit to me is the ability for the patient to view the animations at home, and the software stores the amount of time spent on each animation. For example, if I ask a patient and parents to view a series of animations related to oral hygiene, I know if they did it, and how long they spent on each animation. This information is stored in their permanent treatment chart for medico-legal reasons, and also to help me insure they are as informed as possible. I hope this helps!
Ron Redmond, DDS, MS